Global Mobility Manager - Birmingham / Leeds / Cardiff or Manchester
Global Mobility Manager
Type of Vacancy: Permanent
Full time/Part time: Part time
Location: Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester, Cardiff
About Eversheds Sutherland
Eversheds Sutherland represents the combination of two firms with a shared culture, values and commitment to client service excellence. We are each known for our commercial awareness and industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solutions for every client.
As a full service law practice, we act for the public and private sector across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and the US providing legal advice to clients across the Company Commercial, Employment, Labour & Pensions, Litigation and Dispute Management, and Real Estate practices.
With 74 offices across 35 countries worldwide, we have become one of the largest law practices in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
Overview of role
As Global Mobility Manager you will act as a single point of contact for individual assignees and the business using technical knowledge and experience to provide End-to-End support and advice in all areas of global mobility and assignment management to ensure a positive experience for our people to share their collective talents and thrive. The role will work closely with the International HRBPs, Tax, Risk, Employment and Immigration teams.
- Managing all phases of the International Assignment and Permanent Transfer Life Cycle e.g. preparing assignment cost projections and agreeing a package with sponsor and HRBP; day to day liaising with 3rd party external suppliers for relocation support; conducting assignee briefings to detail the international assignment package and process, drafting assignment letters and instructing payroll as required
- Analyse, interpret and summarise complex and technical global mobility information (e.g. Tax, Social Security, Immigration) and communicate it in a clear, concise manner to all stakeholders.
- Providing specialist advice to assignees, Line Managers, HR colleagues and other stakeholders, in relation to Global Mobility
- Developing and maintaining key internal stakeholder relationships – HRBPs, Tax, Immigration, Employment and Risk
- Instructing relevant legal advisors on immigration requirements and visa applications
- Instructing relevant legal advisors on employment requirements
- Supplier management for all global mobility related services
- Provide ad-hoc advice in relation to cross-border issues resulting from other informal arrangements.
- Managing short term international experience programmes
- Coordinating remote working requests
- Point of contact for business travel requests outside of home country
- Managing the global mobility budget
- Policy, process and template drafting
- Keeping up to date with legislation, trends and best practice
- Instructing HR support on necessary paperwork
- Point of contact for all international assignees to the UK who require sponsorship under the Global Business Mobility routes.
- Assist with compliance reviews which identify areas of exposure regarding global mobility
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience of global mobility and immigration across the whole mobility life cycle
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships across the business
- Collaboration with other specialist teams
- Working to tight timescales
- Managing expectations
- Commercial acumen with the ability to balance business needs with legal/regulatory requirements.
- Attention to detail is a key fundamental part of this role, with the ability to prioritise and manage high volumes of work, maintain quality and accuracy and provide excellent service delivery
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Ability to work at pace
- Able to put the employee experience at the heart of all tasks
- Fantastic organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Proactive, willing to challenge and have the confidence to identify and recommend changes and improvements
- Experience of working in a fast paced team, ideally globally
- Ability to think on your feet and look for solutions to challenges
- An understanding of HR processes is a distinct advantage
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We’re driven by new ideas; we’re excited by new approaches; and we’re also refreshingly down-to-earth. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
This opportunity is closed to applications.